A coalition of aerospace groups has written to congressional leaders, requesting a laundry list of credits and investments that would help large industry players. Signed by AOPA president-elect Craig Fuller, the letter asks for:
- $1 billion for the Airport Improvement Program
- $3 billion to fund NextGen avionics (i.e. ADS-B transceivers, etc.)
- Elimination of the Alternative Minimum Tax on certain airport bonds
- Extension of tax incentives for aircraft purchases through 2011
- Early phase-in of planned tax incentives for domestic manufacturing
- A permanent R&D tax credit
Among the signatories: the AIA, ATA, ACC, ACI-NA, AAAE, CAA, GAMA, NBAA, Nat’l Association of State Aviation Officials, and the RAA.